Thursday, March 09, 2006

If Only. . .

If only new toothpaste made me as happy as it makes Carmella I would be at complete peace with my life.

Forever we have been using Barbie toothpaste, well Carmella and Beau have. Ryan and I use Crest extra whitening-- and extra anything else that can be done to your teeth so you can prolong visits to the dentist for as long as possible. I refuse to buy 3 different kinds of toothpaste for 4 people so today we got Dora the Explorer toothpaste. Dora the Explorer, along with Scooby Doo, are the great compromisers of our house.

Beau always wants Batman, Spiderman or Powerranger stuff and Carmella always wants Barbie, Bratz or princess stuff. But they both agree on Dora the Explorer and Scooby Doo. We have Dora yogurt and Scooby Doo crackers. If only they would make Dora fruit and Scooby Doo veggies I'd have the healthiest kids hand down. They are total suckers for marketing. I can get Beau to drink straight fish oil by telling him it is Batman power juice. Carmella will take any medication endorsed by a Disney princess.

Carmella has been anxiously awaiting dinner so afterwards she could tryout her new toothpaste. She gobbled down dinner in record time and rushed upstairs to brush her teeth. Upon tasting, she exclaimed, "It tastes like banana ice-cream!" and did a little dance. It is bubble flavored-- so I have my doubts. She even got Beau's toothbrush ready and urged him to hurry up and finish his dinner so she could help him brush his teeth. He raced up stairs and eagerly opened his mouth for her.

Upon watching this exchange Ryan commented "See, 5 isn't too young to start babysitting. Let's leave all the kids with Carmella tomorrow and go out." Steph and Dee; Meme and Pat, listen up! We'll leave Max, Livvy, Beau and baby Pat in Carmella's charge and go to the Firehouse! I hope that Mirror is playing tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment