Thursday, September 14, 2006

The World is Conspiring Against Me

Sunday I am sick, no running.
Monday I am still sick, no running.
Tuesday I feel better so I run 10 miles.
Wednesday I arrange for Ryan to pick up Beau and Carmella so that I can do 20 miles and catch up.
Wednesday morning I wake up and it is pouring. Buckets. Oh well, I'll just have to run in the rain. Then Beau throws up, so no school for him and no run for me. I manage 6 in the afternoon when Ryan gets home from work.
And today? All is fine. The plan is 12 miles, 14 if I'm feeling good. Beau has a check-up in the afternoon right after school so I pack a bag and plan on showering at the gym. And what happens? I get a call from Beau's school 10 minutes before we are to walk out the door. The water is cut-off at the school so they have to cancel. Are you kidding me? Seriously, what the fuck?

Okay, so I must amend:

It is 5pm and things are sort of starting to look up.
Bubbles came through for me this morning and Beau got to go hang out at Camp Grandma for a few hours.
I got a 14 mile run in--albeit a slow one, but I'll take what I can get.

What can I say, this just isn't my week.

I neglected to charge my ipod so it went dead on me 2 miles in. I preservered though; however, it was at almost 10 minutes a mile. It is just ridiculous how much slower I run without my tunes. I absolutely hate hearing myself breathe. Not to mention when you have a head cold it isn't exactly the healthiest sounding breathing: breathe, sniffle, wheeze, breathe, sniffle, wheeze. Ugh, I totally can't get into the zone when I have to hear myself breathe.

Oh well, at least I got to run. I think it did my head good. My nose is running like a leaky faucet so maybe that means this congestion that has kept me a fog will finally resolve itself.

Trying to stay positive. Tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, you really are having a rough week!! Hang tough, next week will be better. At least you got to run, normally when I run with a head cold the run actually helps clear those membranes too. Great idea trying to stay positive, which is easier to say, but hard to accomplish! Happy trails, Bruce

    ReplyDelete