Friday, November 24, 2006

If only love were enough

Evan lost his fight. The disease was just too devastating for him. We are beyond ourselves with sadness. I didn't know that there could ever be anything so terrible as this. I am sick about it. Just ill.

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. And please do continue to think of my brother Justin, his wife Pam and their baby Duncan while they try to navigate this life without their precious little boy.

We are forever grateful for the time we had with Evan and heartbroken that we couldn't have him longer. We will always be sad, even angry, for what should have been, what could have been but can never be. We will think of him everyday and never, ever forget the joy and love his being here has given us.

I can only say to you that life is the most amazing gift. Do everything you can with the one you have been blessed with-- enjoy it and relish in it. But most importantly, be there for the people you love. Love them as much as you possibly can and just live in every moment you have with them.

10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, your family will continue to be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to your family on the loss of little Evan. I know it's so hard to lose someone...especially so young. It is very sad for me even though I never knew Evan...but your pictures and words of him showed what a sweet wonderful person he was.

    Hug and love someone today.

    Remember the good memories of Evan...he will always be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words can't express how sorry I am to hear about little Evan. His family is in my prayers. Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO sorry...just devastated. May God comfort you and your family through this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, nat. We love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry. You will all by in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking in on you and your family Ms Natalie.

    Your family continue to be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalie, this is truly the saddest thing I ever remember hearing. We will hold your entire family in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete