Sunday, February 11, 2007

Carmella is 6


Carmella Grace turned six yesterday.

I can't believe that my little girl is 6.
My little girl who I don't know what I did to get so lucky to be Mommy to.
My little girl who is getting so big and so smart at kindergarten doing math and art and reading.
Really, I just can't believe that we were able to do it.
It is still so hard to wrap my mind around that that tiny baby has become this amazing person.

Here are some of my favorite Carmella pictures over these past six years.
And, yes, there is a lot.

Carmella at 6 weeks old.

On the subway in NYC at 11 weeks old. Both of ours first trip to NYC.
At 4 months old with Carmela (just shy of 101 years old)her name sake, my great-grandmother. This is also right after Carmella was hospitalized for secpticemia--hence the rash on her face.
Here at 5 1/2 months old and crawling.
Pumpking patch at 8 months.
Standing on her own, ready to walk at eight months old. Only she couldn't figure out how to move her feet so there were several weeks where she would just stand and cry until she figured out how to sit down and then, happily for all of us, walk.
First steps--just a few days shy of 9 months old:
First Christmas at 10 months old:
First birthday:
Playing peek-a-boo at 14 months old:
Playing with good pal Alexa at 16 months old:
At the beach at various ages and places. The beach is one of Carmella's favorite places. She loves sand. Digs all day long:


Meeting "the Brother" as she called him then:Always looking out for her brother:

Some easter pictures:


Some with Beau:


Butterfly princess:


Happy birthday my little princess, hollywood, butterfly, p pie, Carly Carmella. We all feel so lucky and blessed for everyday we have had with you.

2 comments: