Tuesday, August 01, 2006

PR Tuesday

That's right baby a new 10k record for me!
Tonight on the treadmill I did 6.2 miles in 45 minutes and 17 seconds.
To say I am impressed with myself is quite the understatement. That is what? 2 minutes and 20 seconds faster than my previous 10k--Peachtree aside but even still I was probably at least a minute and half faster today than that unofficial time (not that this one is official either.)

And to think I almost skipped running completely today. This morning I planned on doing 7 miles but an appointment put my running start time at 10:45 am. I got about half mile in and felt so ill from the heat I turned back and went home. I figured it would be a cross training day but then when I got to the gym I said okay, 5k sprint and then cross train. But then the 3 miles flew by and I said okay I'll go to 30 minutes. And then right at 30 minutes this girl got on the treadmill next to me and she was running pretty hard too so it made me feel like I was in a race so I decided to go for the 10K. Amazing what a difference a little air conditioning makes.

In other personal records Beau has gone all day wearing his big boy underwear and has not had a single accident! He even was dry after a 2 1/2 hour nap and went potty at the gym. We even did errands and stuff. I am very proud of him.

3 comments:

  1. You kick ass, no doubt about it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and my book - the one that has a billion charts - says that your 10K time predicts a marathon time of 3:30 and change. Boston-qualifier, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just hoping for a 3:45. No way could I run that hard for 26 miles and get a 3:30. Maybe someday . . . A 3:30 marathon would be something wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete