Saturday, September 23, 2006

End Training Week 8

Definitely a better week, partly thanks to the nasal spray and partly to just not feeling sick. Also, the weather was awesome. Next week looks good too. Today though it is a little hot but mid 80's with a breeze I can deal with. So here is the breakdown:

Sunday: Cross train 35 minutes and 30 minutes upper body weights.
Monday: Rest day.
Tuesday: Skipped the morning run to go see the baby. But made it to the gym for a 10K (7:50 pace) on the mill and 40 minutes all over weight training.
Wednesday: 10 miles (8:20-8:30 pace)
Thursday: 18 miles at 8:40 pace
Friday: 6 miles at 7:30 pace--damn neared killed me too. It was hard to make myself get on the treadmill. Some days I have to give myself a pep talk. Friday's was: The first mile is the hardest. It is only 6 miles. You'll be done in less than an hour. Later today you can have a cocktail.
So I got myself through it. And then did some deep stretching to workout those kinks.
Saturday: This was rough. First because I was tired from my previous workouts and second because Ryan and I had an adult evening out since the kids stayed at Bubbles and Poppy's for the night. An adult evening means we went to a restaurant where people generally don't bring their kids since it is kind of pricey. We even ate at the bar and I had an expresso martini and a few yummy glasses of wine with dinner. We stayed out a little late for us but definitely worth it. And I did get to sleep in until 7:30 am so that was a treat too. Of course by the time I actually got myself out there for my run it was a little warm. Oh well. Still managed 19 miles at a 9:15 pace. Not too bad since that was 2 long runs and speed workout in 3 days.

Yep, I am feeling it too. My hips and hamstring are a little stiff/tight but I am pretty flexible-- so tight for me I don't think is the same as for other people. Meaning I can touch toes easily I just can't lay my palms flat on the ground today. Walking around and the ice bath earlier help.
I swear though, I get the weirdest pains in the oddest places after my long runs. My legs, knees, ankles?-- that's all good. I guess it is all joint stuff --probably from the pounding--but like my neck will be achey, or my shoulders, or sometimes my lower back hurts. I think the back might be from my water belt. I don't know. Thursday, for example, my right arm of all things hurt. I think from holding it funny while I ran. Maybe from talking on my cell phone while I ran? Who knows.

Total miles: 59
Items found: I got nothing. Just keeping at it.

3 comments:

  1. Howdy! Congrats on a good strong week, you really pushed yourself at the end of the week too! Looks like you're back on track. Happy trails, Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! Congrats on a good strong week, you really pushed yourself at the end of the week too. Looks like you're back on track!!! Happy trails, Bruce

    ReplyDelete