Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hey! Atlanta runners! Do this 5K

I signed up yesterday to do the BPRC's Run/Walk 5k. Here are the details and an application. First 1000 runners to sign up get a Nike technical shirt as their race swag. I was number 558 so you still have time.

I'm excited. The only other time I have done a 5k was this one in NYC. Carmella was 11 weeks old and I was nursing and still had 20lbs of baby weight to lose and had only been back running for 2 months. I think I probably ran it in just under 30 minutes. Pretty certain I'll do better than that on May 5th.

I encourage all my running friends (and those that just like to walk) to come out and run with me and support your local running community and charity (all proceeds benefit the Georgia Chapter of TIT ).

Should be fun . . .

5 comments:

  1. I luv that. LOL. Last time, I ran a sub-30 5K with big ole knockers and 20 lbs of baby weight! Ahemmm. Err... Dee Dee wanted to do that one. Unfortunately, its the same day as my tri. I wonder if I can ghost run it. Might be worth it for the Nike shirt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOLLY GEE WHIZ, you could now WALK a 5k faster than 30 minutes...I see an EASY personal record coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. . might do this. Course I will be a good 10 to 15 minutes behind you, but you can have a beer waiting for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wes--It is hard to run with bewbies if you are not use to running with them;)--ditto for the weight. The only times my knees have ever bothered me was after I had Carmella (20+lbs over my regular weight), from 7 months and on pregnant with Beau (again 20lbs).
    Sorry you won't be there. Tell Dee Dee to look for me and say hi! I am sure to be wearing skirt.
    Bruce--Yes it should be easy to PR but not easy to get unde 21 minutes which is my goal.
    Anne-It is Cinco De Mayo--I'll be waiting with a margarita for you at the finish. Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking about it - if I can get some kid-watching support from my mom. No 21 minutes for me, though. You can pour my beer with Anne's.

    ReplyDelete