Sunday, July 08, 2007

Happy Belated 4th post.


Beau. What can I say. Goofy kid.

I know. I am so behind these days. But look, 2 posts in one day! Playing catch up here. But really the 4th of July this year was just a redo of last year's 4th: The regular losers at the pool. Just this year we are all a year older, a little lazier. Here are the pictures to prove it.

Bike parade that I missed but again this year I did spend way too much time the day before decorating the bikes for the parade.



Everybody limbo!



The biggest splash contest. Max won the kids contest.
And Uncle Pat won the adults.
Ryan made an artistic showing.
Hula hoop contest.

We all did terrible at this. We are going to practice and kick ass next year.

Tara, my darling best friend who is walking a thin line with me these days, was so excited at how badly I did and exclaimed, quite loudly, "Finally! Something she sucks at!"

Listen, I suck at a lot of things and like everyone does I normally avoid having to do the things I suck at. But Beau specifically asked me to do the hula hoop contest because he wanted to win a prize and thought maybe my mad hoop skillz would score him that water gun. As it turned out he was genuinely pissed at me for losing. Nothing like letting down your 3 year old because you suck at hula hooping. I explained to him that it was the second time that day I had lost (the Peachtree was the other time.)and I still wasn't going to let get me down so he needed to chill.

And yes, there is a reason why I am not posting the pictures of my hoop skillz. Little kids look cute hula hooping.
Adults?
Not so much.

Fireworks. Or rather, sparklers.
We were too tired this year to drive and watch the fireworks so we did our own. Told you we were losers. Except Carmella, she is very specific that she is not a loser. She is a winner. You know there is always one good egg in the bunch.

Oh and the totals last week:
Run: 40 miles
Bike: 41 miles
Swim: 1 mile
Good solid workouts, getting it done. Feeling pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment