Saturday, February 16, 2008

Where I am

This morning I am here:

Yesterday morning-- before 5 am-- I rushed out the door in 20 something degree darkness to the gym. Let it be said that I never-- ever-- do any sort of running, cycling, swimming before 7 am. But I did it yesterday and that first mile on the treadmill was all sorts of terrible and I hit the mile in 9:40. Yes, I had to start out walking because I was still clearing the sleep out of my eyes.

But I hung in there and it did get better. I made it to 4 miles in 32:36. Way slower than my usual 4 mile treadmill run but whatever. I just give myself huge pats on the back for being able to move at a time when usually I getting my last and best hour of sleep for the day.

I don't plan on making 5 am a regular time to run. In fact I think if I had to I probably wouldn't be much of a runner. But it is nice to know that when necessary I can run at 5 am as before yesterday that was totally questionable. My hats off to all you peeps that get up and run in the cold pre dawn. You are a better person that I.

After my run I hightailed it home, showered and zipped up my suitcase and we caught a plane to West Palm.

Uhm, yesterday?
Here?
It was in the 80's.

And we?

We went swimming. I had on a bikini. Not that that is necesarily a good thing-- condsidering the pastiness and dry flakey skin-- but is quite a nice change from Wednesday and Thursday where my butt nearly froze off in my runs those days.

And today? Today it is nice too and I am going running along the beach and then later? Yep swimming and cocktails.

Okay, so earlier when I wrote this internet connection was a little spotty. I am back from my run. It was very toasty this morning--70's and I was hot. And I got a little lost. But I was just so thrilled for it not to be cold and to not have to run up a bunch of hills that I really didn't care so much.

Week's end totals:
Run: 40 miles
Bike: 38 ish miles
Swim: 1 mile

Sunday: one hour bike with the kids and maybe 5-6 miles biking. Not really much of a workout except a test of my patience.
Monday: 20 miles on the bike in about an hour 20.
Tuesday: 13 miles on the bike in an hour. Cold and sucky.
Wednesday: 10 mile run and a 30 minute swim.
Thursday: 19 miles that sucked all sorts of bad. 9:21 mile. I walked. A lot. I even called Ryan to come pick me up around 11 miles and he said he would but he didn't. So me? I didn't fuel because me? I'm cheap and didn't want to waste a GU.
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: 7-8 miles. Not sure I was gone awhile. 7 is the low ball guess--could have been as much as 9. Like I said, I got lost. But see, I didn't care so much because here is where I was lost:

And last night when we got here Beau said, "Mommy. This place looks like paradise."
48/0

5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely there. Believe it or not, it's actually 70 here. We are blogging on the porch.

    Too bad I did my long run this morning or I would bike.

    Will you be back for a workout day on Monday? I've got a sitter all day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Steph - she's not coming back till Tues. Lola is all mine till then! We saw a guy collapse today at the river trail (Columns Dr.) No pulse, cpr, defib thing,everything was tried- when he was taken away in the ambulance still no pulse after about 20 min. All you running people keep it up (He looked very out of shape-but young) I guess I'm hogging Nat's blog, all of us runners need to keep on keeping on. Lala

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like a bit of paradise. Have fun...well, of course you're having fun! ;-)
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nat! I'm jealous!!!
    Have a great vacation!
    And good job on the 5am run.
    Enjoyyy paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys are having a wonderful trip. They have a tri down there I wanna do some year soon...

    ReplyDelete