Friday, March 07, 2008

Sounds Like a Train

Right now. This very second. Until 8:45 pm this evening. We are under a tornado warning.

The sirens are going off; the news makes it sound dire.

Yet, it isn't even really raining.

And me?

I'm grilling chicken. Hope it finishes before the tornado gets here.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Well, I guess, I am off to seek shelter. Kids are already practicing their "take cover" positions. And by take cover positions I mean that they are sitting on the couch watching Sponge Bob Squarepants.

Beau said he wants to see how it spins. He told me it goes in circles. It's cool, he said, while gesturing with his hands what I can only guess is "tornado" in sign language.

Carmella is saucer-eyed freaked out. Or wait, maybe that is the TV 20 mile stare.

PS. Tornado smorndao, I got in my 6 mile recovery run today--outside even. Felt pretty darn good. Sinus infection is coming along nicely. Everything tastes/smells reminicently like snot.

No comments:

Post a Comment