Monday, September 17, 2007

36 is the New 40


Pat turned 40 on Saturday.
Pat is my brother in law. He Ryan's older brother. But Pat's wife Meme? She is younger than all of us other Losers. But if you average all the Loser ages together you get 36. I am the mean.

Here are the pictures from the party:

The blow out:

Meme and Pat's powder room has a tub. And that clever Meme made the tub into a lounging area. And it is now known as the VIP lounge.

I caught a bunch of people waiting to get into the lounge.

And going in.

And then coming out.




All. Night. Long.
Total party in there.
I kid you not.

Now, I can't tell you everything that goes on in the VIP lounge because well, I guess it is a little like Vegas and what happens in the lounge stays in the lounge. But I will show you some of the stuff that goes on . . .
Little washing of the hands.
Little cleaning up some split beer.
And there was, of course, the hanger on's.

We played in the tiki hut.




And then Stephan--always with the late night entertainment-- showed us what happens to some men when they turn 40. He used the palm tree to illustrate his point.

He did need a little help with some parts of his presentation.

But he was able to finish up on his own.

I'm not sure what happened next but I think maybe the Oregano said something--or posibly it was the Rosemary--you know , always sensitive about his girly name-- but Stephan got into fistacuffs with the herbs.
And he totally got his assed kicked by the Oregano, Rosemary and Mint.

You know you should never underestimate the strength of these herbs. So powerful is their pungency that Dee Dee commented that it smelled like someone was making sauce. Yeah, of her husband.

And after everyone left. Pat opened some gifts. A bottle of moonshine, a very shiny Rolex. . .
And a ride-a-long that Ryan plans on stealing.

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to Meme on the great party! I am waiting for the story on the tub/ couch. Meme, fess up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again... I didn't think anything could top the noodle story but I am curious about Stephan versus the herb garden. Do tell!

    ReplyDelete