Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wacky Tacky Wednesday

That is what today is at the kid's camp.

Yesterday when I asked what the "theme" for Wednesday was I inwardly groaned when they said "Wacky Tacky Wednesday".

Carmella, as mentioned on previously posts, hates Wacky Wednesday and crazy hair day.

Beau, of course wants everyday to be wacky or crazy so I knew this would be no problem.

So I told her about it yesterday afternoon and she said, "Uhm, yeah, I'm not doing that. I don't want to wear clothes that don't match."

Whatever, I thought.

But Ryan got all mad and told me I had to make her do it. Apparently she told him yesterday that she refused to participate in the jello activity. I asked her about it and she said the counselors threw jello on the kids while they went down the slip n slide. Carmella doesn't like jello and she doesn't like to get really dirty so I wasn't surprised. She did say she had fun laughing at everyone else who did like getting jello thrown on them. She also didn't participate last week when they did an activity where they had to pretend they were animals and bump into each other. She said in that case she was concerned about getting hurt and that it seemed too silly. And again, I was not surprised. She is a child that has never hit, shoved or purposely bumped into anyone. Ever. She likes her personal space and is respective of others personal space.

Obviously, the child does not take after me. But the other one? Well, I think we all know the answer to that.

So this morning Carmella and I had a fight while I tried to find an outfit that was wacky but not so outrageous that it would draw too much attention to her. After many tears on her part and nixing the tutu and fairy wings we found something that was Carmella wacky. But it isn't really wacky at all: Her bathing suit today is a mix-matched top and bottom but actually looks like it was made to go together because the colors work. And even her madras shorts and tank with flip flips and pompom trim looks pretty cute together. The flower hat and pink cowboy boots? I don't know. I'd wear the outfit on any given day not at all thinking it was wacky. She did briefly lose it when I pulled out socks that say Monday but since the boots hide them she quickly recovered. And to prove her "wackiness", she assure me over breakfast that her green sunglasses do not match at all. They do, but I didn't tell her that.

Beau though? Yeah, he whined that he wasn't "wacky enough" with his camo bathing suit, cowboy boots, cape, and "Beaupoolza 05" shirt. He wanted to also wear his Darth Vader mask but I explained that is was too hot. He did end up adding his pirate hat to his ensemble.

$5 bucks that Carmella ditches the hat as soon as I pull out of carpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment